On Book Riot, I have a post up about finding libraries in unexpected places. In it, I look at a series of twists on the bookmobile, which took libraries to surprising places. There are libraries in supermarkets, libraries in vending machines, libraries on donkeys, and more.
- onlygoodcurseisabookcurse reblogged this from allthingslibrary
- catchingthetradewinds likes this
- everyoneelseistooloud reblogged this from thepinakes
- everyoneelseistooloud likes this
- bookowl reblogged this from allthingslibrary
- bookowl likes this
- allthingslibrary reblogged this from shayera-librarian and added:
- shayera-librarian reblogged this from surroundedbybooks
- surroundedbybooks reblogged this from thepinakes
- mrcrankycupcakes likes this
- mackenzie-brown reblogged this from bookmobility
- collingsruth reblogged this from thepinakes
- ebethreads likes this
- librarianwithoutalibrary reblogged this from thepinakes
- not-evenly-distributed likes this
- whacher likes this
- thepinakes reblogged this from bookmobility and added:
- thepinakes likes this
- mackenzie-brown likes this
- bookmobility posted this
I'm Derek Attig, a director of communications at a non-profit and scholar of media history and American Studies. I am writing a book about bookmobiles in America.
I was a 2012 Google Policy Fellow. I'm also a contributor to Book Riot.
You can also follow me on Twitter @bookmobility or explore the menu tabs at the top of the site to find syllabi, links, and other information.
Comments? Questions? Ideas? Contact me at derekattig[at]gmail.com or @bookmobility